Vinyl Bar & Poker Club

A Place To Play Poker, Spin Records, & Have a Drink.

Monday, May 02, 2005

Rebuys and Results.

I had a lot of comments Saturday about rebuys. Now that some of you have played in the tourney do you still dislike them as much?

One thing I didn't like was people just going all in on the hand before rebuys stopped in order to get back up to 5000 chips. That bothered me a little bit. Yet with people driving in from all over the state I felt like we owed it to them to let them play a bit longer if they busted out early.... Opinions?

1st: Lord Ben, me
2nd: Nate, the Mouth.
3rd p: Chris, Mr Lucky
4th: Dan, the only rebuy to win money.
5th: Scott, my brother in law.
6th: Jamie? The only girl to win money in a VIBE game.

Both Sams went out without money but made it to the final table.

4 Calls:

@ 11:00 AM, May 02, 2005, Blogger Dr Hubert Jackson called my bet...

I too think the blinds increased pretty fast. However, the game ended at 1:30 with 15000/30000 blinds so if it went any slower the game would have gone on WAY too late.

Personally I'd rather know it's going to end at a reasonable time even if it ends up being more of a crapshoot. It's a tradeoff.

 
@ 11:07 AM, May 02, 2005, Blogger Dr Hubert Jackson called my bet...

I'm not sure if Tim is going to invite the Mouth (or suspenders) next time.

It's supposed to be a friendly game where people can relax and have a good time playing poker. Even if they're not the greatest player they only lose $25 and still get to hang out with great people. I don't mind if people are constantly smack-talking in order to get people on tilt, but that shit belongs in major tourneys, not in friendly homegames.

 
@ 12:09 PM, May 03, 2005, Blogger Dr Hubert Jackson called my bet...

Shevegas, my brother in law was wondering how you went out? He said you were sitting pretty good when he saw you last.

 
@ 9:54 AM, May 04, 2005, Blogger Dr Hubert Jackson called my bet...

I hate ending tourneys that way. Ouch. Not much you could do though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

"If You Can’t Spot The Sucker In Your First Half Hour At The Table, Then You're IT!"